Cobb Sizing Tester
Model No. : PIT-
Cobb Sizing Tester is an ergonomically designed Equipment with a sturdy mechanism to get Accurate & Reliable Results. It Determines the area of water absorbed by papers. Water absorptiveness (Cobb value) is the mass
COBB SIZING TESTER determines the amount of water absorbed by the paper, paperboard, and corrugated fiberboard in a specified time under standardized conditions. Water absorptiveness is a function of various characteristics of paper or board such as sizing, porosity, etc
Cobb Sizing Tester is an ergonomically designed Equipment with a sturdy mechanism to get Accurate & Reliable Results. It Determines the area of water absorbed by papers. Water absorptiveness (Cobb value) is the mass of water absorbed in a Specific time by a 1 sq. meter sample of paper, board, or corrugated sample under conditions specified in standards such as TAPPI T 441, IS: 1060 (Part -1), 1966Cobb sizing testers provide a simple, standardized method for fast determination of the quantity of water absorbed by a paper or board in a given time. Measures paper’s water absorption rate and is expressed as the amount of water absorbed per unit surface area of the paper. The test duration must be specified to properly know the absorption rate.
- To Determine the Water absorption (Cobb Value) of Paper, Cardboard, Corrugated Fibre Board in a specified time under Standard Conditions.
- Sturdy unit with Cylinder and the Main body made of Stainless Steel with Special tilting Mechanism to Remover Water Conveniently.
- Specially designed equipment to find cob value.
- Depth of the Cylinder is 110 along with two water level indicators.
- Sturdy sample mounting unit.
- Rugged construction with corrosion resistance finish.
- Minimum maintenance requirements and low wear and tear of part.
- Standard weight roller provided along with the equipment.
- Supplied complete with Calibration Certificate (Traceable to NPL).
|Placement of machine
|: Bench Model
|Diameter of Cylinder
|: 112 mm
|Depth of Cylinder
|: 110 mm
|The diameter of the Rubber pad
|Two water level indicators in a cylinder
|: 10mm and 25mm
|Weight of Hand Roller
|: LENGTH x DEPTH x HEIGHT
330mm x 130mm x 335mm
13” x 5.1” x 13.1”
|Weight of the unit
|: 15kg (33lbs)