In-Situ Vane Shear Test
Standard : IS 4434-1967
Model No. : PIT-
In-Situ Vane Shear Test apparatus is designed for conducting in situ vane shear test from bottom of a bore hole in saturated cohesive deposits for determining their in place shearing resistance.
The equipment consists of a torque applicator assembly mounted on a base, a gear wheel, which is marked in degrees, holds a torque ring and is geared to a crank, the torque ring is a split ring & deforms as torque is applied & the deformation is indicated by a dial gauge. A calibration chart to convert dial gauge readings to torque force in kgs/cm2 is supplied. A pointer is provided.
For registering the rotations of the vane, a detachable stand is provided to anchor the instrument an attachment to securely hold the string of rods is provided the equipment comprises of the following :
- Torque applicator assembly capacity 2000kg/cm2 with split proving ring & dial gauge 0.002 x 5mm complete with stand
- Vane ( with vane rod ) 37.5mm dia x 75mm high : 1 no
- Vane ( with vane rod ) 50.0mm dia x 100mm high : 1 no
- Torque rod ( square cross section) 0.6mts long : 1 no
- Rods quick couplind type, 1 mtr. long : 25 no
- Rods quick coupling type, ½ mtr. long : 10 no
- Dummy rod, corresponding to 37.5mm dia vane : 1 no
- Dummy rod , corresponding to 50.0mm dia vane : 1 no.